Quality: ISO 9001:2000 Standard
Environment: ISO 14001:2004 Standard
OHS&W: OHSAS:2007 incorporating the requirements of AS/NZS4801 as they apply to the operation of Hand Built.
'Hand Built personnel aspire to zero harm. Not only for employees in the workplace but to also help clients create an environment where they too can be better equipped to facilitate proper safety and health outcomes for all employees and the community'
Hand Built is commited to consultation with all stakeholders on issues that may affect their health and safety. Management encourages participation by all employees through their representatives.
Reinforced through strong management systems and a high standard of OHS&W training for all employees, safer systems of work, methods of reporting and monitoring work practices are implemented.
OH & S
The Hand Built Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare Policy and Management Plan are under continual review for performance assessment and improvement:
Hand Built senior management have implemented a structured safety management system so that consistently high standards of safety performance can be achieved. In addition, it will serve to ensure Hand Built meets the obligations of its internal occupational health, safety and welfare policy and the relevant state legislations.
- implement strong internal occupational health, safety and
welfare standards within a solid training culture;
- set measurable safety and health objectives and targets
whilst maintaining proactive policies;
- identify hazards, assess risks and implement appropriate
- provide and maintain safe plant and equipment and use
safe methods for the handling and use of substances;
- provide employees, contractors, clients and visitors with
information, supervision and training appropriate to the
hazards they are likely to encounter;
- deal with health, safety and welfare matters effectively in
consultation with employees and clients for the mutual
benefit of all parties;
- ensure that Hand Built business operations do not place
the local community at risk of injury, illness or property
- integrate a commitment to health, safety and welfare into